If a particular driver on a computer is stating ‘PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR’ then it has crashed and therefore your system has malfunctioned, leading to the Blue Screen of Death. There may be a lot of reasons why this error is occurring in the first place. PNP devices are the main reason behind this fatal problem. Go through these easy fixes and enact these accordingly on your system to sort out the issue quickly.
Fix 1 – Use the Startup Repair
There is a designated Windows Startup Repair is there to tackle these crash issues on your system.
1. At first, make sure your computer is completely switched off.
2. Once your system is completely turned off, just press the Power button for a few whiles.
Once you can see the manufacturer’s logo on the computer screen, just press-hold the power button for 5 secs to completely switch off your device.
3. This way, keep repeating this process of start-force shutdown-start at least 3 times.
For the 4th time, let your machine start normally.
Now, your windows will boot into the Automatic Repair screen.
4. Then, click on “Advanced options“.
5. Once Windows RE appears, click on the “Troubleshoot“.
6. Simply click on “Advanced options“.
7. In the Advanced options screen, click on the “Startup Repair”.
Fix 2 – Run chkdsk
Try running a check disk operation may detect and fix the corruption in the disk.
1. Open the Windows RE on your computer.
2. You have to click on “Advanced options“.
3. Next, you need to click on the “Troubleshoot“.
4. Then, you have to click on the “Advanced options“.
5. To open the Command Prompt window, click on “Command Prompt“.
6. Here, select your administrative account.
7. After that, put your account password in the box.
8. Then, click on “Continue“.
9. Once the Command Prompt window opens up, type this code, and hit the ‘Enter‘ key.
chkdsk c: /F /R
The checking process will kick in and scan your system for any corruption. It may take a while.
Fix 3 – Rollback/ Uninstall driver updates
If you have received a recent driver update for a device, this problem may occur.
1. Go to the Automatic Repair mode on your machine.
2. Just click on the “Advanced options“.
3. To open up the troubleshoot settings, click on “Troubleshoot“.
4. When the Troubleshoot window prevails, simply need to click on “Advanced options“.
5. Next, click on the “Startup Settings“.
6. Simply, click on “Restart” on the bottom-left corner of the corner.
7. You need to press the ‘F5‘ key to “Enable Safe mode with Networking“.
As soon as you press that key, your system will boot into safe mode.
[Safe mode should have a black desktop with ‘Safe Mode’ written at four corners of the desktop.]
8. When your computer boots into Safe mode, right-click on the Windows icon.
9. Then, you have to click on the “Device Manager“.
10. Once the Device Manager opens up, click on “Display adapters“.
11. Double click on the display driver to access it.
12. Here, click on the “Driver” tab.
13. When the Properties window, click on the “Rollback driver“.
(Or, if you want you can uninstall the device. Click on the “Uninstall device” to uninstall it.)
After rolling back or uninstalling the driver, restart your computer normally. Check if this works out.
Fix 4 – Run System Restore
If nothing is working out for you, try restoring back your system to a former time when everything was running normally.
1. Force-shutdown your system to open up the Windows RE.
2. In the Automatic Repair settings window, click on “Advanced options“.
3. Your computer will be booted into Windows RE mode. In the Choose an option‘ window, you have to click on “Troubleshoot“.
4. In the Troubleshooting window, click on “Advanced options“.
5. In the Advanced options window, click on “System Restore” to start the system restore process on your computer.
Now, system restore will put your computer in the correct form.
6. In the System Restore screen, click on “Next“.
7. Choose the restore point from the list of the restore points and then click on “Next“.
8. Click on “Finish” to finish the process.
Your laptop will restart and the restoring manner will begin. This system will remove a number of the newer updates and apps from your system.