Updated February 9th, 2020 by Ben Baker: Considering Legendary sets are among the most powerful pieces of gear in the game, it’s understandable they’d be harder to obtain. Some Legendary sets are only found in DLC and others require taking down powerful enemies. This list now contains steps on how to get each of the various Legendary sets in the game.
The Feral set is all about beast domination. A partial set will let players Shadow Mount unbroken Graugs and a full set allows Shadow Mounting of unbroken Drakes. For those who like to ride beasts this is very convenient, but that’s about it.
There are plenty of abilities that allow players to mount beasts already, many Captains have Beast-Slayer making them useless, and many boss fights don’t even give you access to beasts. The Feral set is fun, but not very useful.
Obtaining the Legendary Feral set requires the player to go hunting for a number of Legendary Orcs in the Feral tribe:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Feral Slayer or Feral destroyer.
- Dagger – Kill a Legendary Feral Assassin or Feral Berserker.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Feral Marksman or Feral Tracker.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Feral Tank.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Feral Beastmaster.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Feral Commander or Feral Trickster.
The Outlaw set when partially worn grants a 25% chance to inflict Fire, Poison, Frost, or Curse on a hit. A full set while give the same ability to Followers but with a 20% chance.
This has some uses but causes as many problems as it solves. The Frost and Fire can cancel each other out, the elements don’t stack, and the player risks enraging a Captain they’re trying to Dominate.
The Outlaw set can only be obtained by purchases the Outlaw Tribe DLC. In addition to adding new content it gives the player the Legendary Outlaw set.
The Machine set allows the player to summon Sappers and Iron Guards which will summon more Sappers. The full set will cause Elven Light to scatter explosives around the player.
This is a very dangerous set for the player as the explosions can easily kill them if they aren’t careful. Having a few pieces of the Warmonger set will negate this, but by itself the Machine set is very risky.
The Machine set can only be obtained by killing certain members of the Machine clan of Orcs:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Machine Slayer or Machine Berserker.
- Dagger – Kill a Legendary Machine Assassin or Machine Tracker.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Machine Marksman.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Machine Tank or Machine Destroyer.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Machine Beastmaster or Machine Trickster.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Machine Commander.
A partial Mystic set will cause Dominated Grunts to take 50% less damage. A full set will also give them Cursed weapons.
This is very handy in battles like sieges with lots of Grunts running around and essentially lets you build a small army with damage reduction and strong weapons. This doesn’t offer any bonuses in 1v1 though which is why it doesn’t rank higher.
This Legendary set can be earned by killing various Mystic Orcs:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Mystic Slayer.
- Dagger – Kill a Legendary Mystic Assassin or Mystic Berserker.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Mystic Marksman or Mystic Tracker.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Mystic Tank or Mystic Destroyer.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Mystic Beastmaster.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Mystic Commander or Mystic Trickster.
The Slaughter when partially worn will slowly drain the character’s health but increased damage by 40% after a successful Drain or Dominate. A full set will give followers a 40% boost to damage and cause their health to steadily drop.
This set requires combat to end quickly or have a vampiric-type build to keep health topped off throughout the fight. This health loss also occurs outside of fights which can be annoying. Some players will love this set, most will be annoyed by it.
The Slaughter Legendary set is obtained after the player purchases the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis DLC for the game.
A partial Vendetta set causes the player to consume 40% of health in place of using Might. A full set will let the player consume 25% of health to perform ranged attacks if they’re out of arrows.
This is like the Slaughter set in that health is a resource that must be managed. Some will find the tradeoff worth it for free Might attacks, many wont. Having arrows recover health and performing Drain Skills mitigate the health loss, but it’s still flirting with death, especially on higher difficulties.
The Vendetta set can only be obtained by going after Vendetta targets online in various ways:
- Sword – Complete first online Vendetta.
- Dagger – Use a Stealth Attack against an online Vendetta target.
- Bow – Get a Headshot against an online Vendetta target.
- Armor – Kill an online Vendetta target while having more than 80% health.
- Cloak – Use a Mounted Attack against an online Vendetta target.
- Ringcraft – Dominate an online Vendetta target.
The Terror set when worn partially will let the player insta-kill fleeing Grunts with Quick Throw. A full set will cause those kills to recover 100 health each time.
This is a totally robust set that’s great at crowd manipulate. Players can ship Grunts strolling, pick off some, and wade into battle against the subsequent batch. Clever players can clean out an entire squad leaving the Captain by means of himself and make certain they in no way receive backup.
In order to get the Legendary Terror set players need to kill members of the Terror tribe:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Terror Slayer or Terror Destroyer.
- Dagger – Kill a Legendary Terror Assassin.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Terror Marksman or Terror Tracker.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Terror Tank.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Terror Beastmaster or Terror Berserker.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Terror Commander or Terror Trickster.
A partial set of Warmonger will recover 50 health when killing an enemy on fire and a full set causes the player to deliver a blast of flames periodically while on fire. Another perk with this armor is the health recovery that occurs while ablaze.
With specific runes and clever use of exploding barrels, campfires, and other fire sources this can ensure the player and their enemies are continually ablaze and health is almost constantly regenerating. This does require catching on fire which can be tricky in many fights, but it’s a powerful set when the flames start rising. For best effect combine with a few pieces of Machine as the explosions from sappers cause the player to burn.
To get the Warmonger set players need to take down various Warmonger Tribe Orcs:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Warmonger Slayer.
- Dagger – Kill a Legendary Warmonger Assassin or Warmonger Tracker.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Warmonger Marksman.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Warmonger Tank or Warmonger Destroyer.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Warmonger Beastmaster or Warmonger Berserker.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Warmonger Commander or Warmonger Trickster.
Two items from the Marauder set will cause a 2% increase to damage per Mirian picked up by the player for 20 seconds. Four items will cause those same Mirian coins to regenerate two health per coin.
This is with the aid of far the most powerful set whilst the participant downs a treasure Olog with 1,000 coins as this offers a 2,000% increase to damage for 20 seconds. Aside from these rare moments the participant will experience regular damage boosts and heals because the set will also supply expanded Mirian drops, with the added coin being a pleasing perk by means of itself.
To get the Marauder set players need to take down various Marauder Orcs:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Marauder Slayer or Marauder Berserker.
- Dagger – Kill a Legendary Marauder Assassin or Marauder Tracker.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Marauder Marksman.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Marauder Tank or Marauder Destroyer.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Marauder Beastmaster or Marauder Trickster.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Marauder Commander.
A partial Dark set gives the player one point of Might when the enemy takes damage from their poison. A full set causes all attacks to have a 15% chance to inflict explosive poison on grunts for group poisoning.
Basically load up on poison runes, stealth attack whenever possible, and when the enemy is poisoned kite them letting the poison do its damage and letting Might build. Trigger Might for a brutal attack or stun with Elven Light, poison more enemies, and start the whole process over again.
There are different tasks that must be completed to obtain each piece of the set:
- Sword – Kill a Legendary Dark Slayer or Dark Destroyer.
- Dagger – Complete Knife in the Dark.
- Bow – Kill a Legendary Dark Marksman or Dark Tracker.
- Armor – Kill a Legendary Dark Tank.
- Cloak – Kill a Legendary Dark Beastmaster or Dark Berserker.
- Ringcraft – Kill a Legendary Dark Commander or Dark Trickster.
Two items of the Ringwraith set will allow the wearer to Call Followers, summoning Iron Guards which will summon Revenants. With a full set, the player will receive 20 health whenever an undead follower dies in battle nearby.
This set allows the player to quickly build an army of undead to slaughter enemies. Whether in a siege or a standard fight this set is very helpful for causing damage and recovering a bit of health.
To acquire the Ringwraith set players simply need to complete the main storyline. Once Act III is completed the player will receive all six items in the Ringwraith set.
1 Bright Lord
The Bright Lord set when worn partially will cause Wrath to build 50% faster but cut Elven Rage duration in half. A full set gives the ability to regenerate a full set of Elven arrows whenever an enemy is killed during the effects of Elven rage.
The portions themselves provide top notch boosts to Elven Rage, frost assaults, and ranged attacks in general. Give the character Bow of Horrors and this set is absurd. Fire arrows indiscriminately, freeze a group of enemies when going for walks low, slap them round to price Elven Rage, use Elven Rage to kill an enemy and recover arrows, rinse and repeat till everything is useless.
To get the Bright Lord set players needs to find and access various Ithildin Doors in the game:
- Sword – Find and enter the Ithildin Door in Gorgoroth.
- Dagger – Find and enter the Ithildin Door in Seregost.
- Bow – Find and enter the Ithildin Door in Nurnen.
- Armor – Find and enter the Ithildin Door in Minis Ithil.
- Cloak – Find and enter the Ithildin Door in Cirith Ungol.
- Ringcraft – Earn Bronze on all Shadows of the Past quests.